A bar, kitchen, distillery and spirit school communally living under a big ol’ roof in the centre of Bristol. The Bristol and Bath Rum Distillery is the home of Dead Man’s Finger’s rum, while DMF is created on site in a 500L double retort pot still “Hannah”. The bar has over 150different…
All aboard, as you are taken on a journey, from rum's miraculous conception on the Caribbean sugarcane plantations through to the superior spirit it is today.
- Be entertained with rum’s rags to riches story, the dark chapters, the light hearted ones, in an interactive class that will entertain and inform.
- Enjoy 5 classic rum cocktails throughout the experience, created by the distillery's skilled mixologists and learn of their colourful histories too.
- Have the science demystified behind rum’s creation and the many different processes that are used in its production throughout the world.
- Explore rum's many personalities, as our rum experts share their rich knowledge of the spirit, that will enhance your enjoyment of rum in the future. Learn about new ways to understand rum, and approach the spirit through fresh informed eyes.
- Get inspired with a spiced rum tasting, as you're guided through the many different spices, botanicals and fruits used by distilleries all over the world. And then it is your turn to be the distiller, as you choose your own from over 40 here at the school, to spice and re-distil your own 70cl bottle of rum.
- You can even name your rum, personalise the label and wax the top. And if you ever want to re-order your bottle, your recipe is kept too.
£80 per person / £120 for two*
- 70cl bottle of your own spiced rum
- 5 classic rum cocktails
- Spiced rum tasting session
- DMF bag and signature DMF skull glass
*Two people to one still. Shared bottle and gift bag in package for two
*** COVID-19 UPDATE – 24th SEPTEMBER 2020 ***
The rum school has has introduced series of additional measures in line with the governments new restrictions to try to stop the spread of coronavirus.
The distillery will now close at 22.00H.
Our rum making experiences will therefore take place an hour earlier than scheduled originally.
The rum making experience on Friday and Saturday evening will now start at 18.00H and finish at 21.30H.
The Saturday matinee express rum making experience will start at 13.00H and finish at 15.00H.
We have brought the daytime experience forward so as to give our team time to clean the school thoroughly and prepare for the evening session.
All of our staff will wear face masks at all times.
All of our guests are required to wear face masks throughout their experience except when they are seated at their table.
The rule of 6 applies to every booking. Group bookings of more than six are not allowed and groups can't mingle.
Social distancing will be enforced throughout your experience.
All guests must provide accurate contact details when making their booking in order to enforce the government’s track and trace scheme.
Thank you and stay safe
Rum making Experience
On sale until 31st Dec 2020
Rum Experience for one
An unforgettable rum experience for one person. Rum masterclass, spiced rum tasting, rum cocktails and spice your own rum experience all in one "rum packed" evening
|18:00 - 21:30||£80.00|
Rum experience for two
An unforgettable rum experience for two people. Rum masterclass, spiced rum tasting, rum cocktails and spice your own rum experience all in one "rum packed" evening
|18:00 - 21:30||£120.00|
87-89, Park Street, BS1 5PW
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
13. If you have used the BIRTHDAY discount code, verification of your date of birth needs to be provided on arrival at the event with a valid form of identification.
You can only use this discount code if the event you are booking is within 7 days of your birthday. You can only book one ticket using this discount code per customer.
We reserve the right to refuse entry to anybody who has used this discount under false pretences.